How to Reach Kanha National Park
Kanha National Park is one of the most famous national parks of India. Worldwide, this national park is famous for having diverse and rich flora and fauna. This national park is one of the finest national parks in Asia. This national park is located amidst the Maikhal hills of the Satpura Ranges. It occupies the parts of Balaghat and Mandla districts of Madhya Pradesh. One can easily reach to Kanha National Park by Air, Road or by train from any corners of the world. It is well connected by air, road and by train to the major cities of India. There are two main location in the Kanha National Park, Mukki and Khatia Entrance Gate. Mukki Gate falls in Balaghat district of MP State and Khatia entrance Gate falls in Mandla district of MP state. From Mukki entrance gate, one can easily cover Mukki range of the Kanha National Park and from the Khatia entrance gate, one can easily explore the area of Kisli, Kanha and Sarhi zones. Mukki Entrance Gate is well connected from Nagpur, Jabalpur and Raipur, whereas Khatia Entrance Gate is well connected from Nagpur and Jabalpur.
By Road, Kanha National park is well connected with the major destinations of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. There are many important cities in nearby area. By road distance of Kanha National Park from some important destinations and the approximate driving hours:
- From Nagpur the distance of Kanha National Park is about 300 kms and the approximate driving hours is 6-7 hours.
- From Jabalpur, the distance of Kanha is about 160 kms and it takes about 4 hours to cover this distance.
- From Raipur, the distance of Kanha Tiger Reserve is about 250 kms and it takes about 5 hours to reach Kanha.
- From Bilaspur, the distance is same as Raipur about 250 kms and the driving hours is also 5 hours.
- Bhilai is also located in the nearby of Kanha at a distance of 270 kms and it takes about 5-6 hours to cover this distance.
- Bandhavgarh National Park is also located at a distance of about 250 kms and it takes about 4 hours’ drive to reach Kanha.
- Pench National Park is located only at a distance of about 200 kms and it takes about 4 hours drive to reach Kanha.
The nearest railway station to reach Kanha National Park is located at Jabalpur and Gondia. Jabalpur Railway station is only 160 kms from the Mukki Entrance Gate of Kanha and it takes about 4 hours to reach from the Jabalpur Railway Station. Gondia Railway Station is located only at a distance of about 145 kms from Khatia Entrance Gate of Kanha National Park and it takes only 3 hours drive to reach Kanha from Gondia Railway Station.:
The nearest airports to reach Kanha National Park are Jabalpur (160 kms), Nagpur(300kms) and Raipur(250kms). One can easily reach to these airports from any corner of the world and from these airports, taxis and buses are available to reach Kanha National Park easily. Kanha National Park is easily accessible from any corner of India and thus from any corner of the world. We just have to plan a trip of Kanha National Park to explore the jungle as well as the wild lives and the natures beauty of Kanha.: