Places to See in & Around, Kanha
Get ready with your bag pack and travelling shoes for your long vacation to explore the Kanha National Park in Madhya Pradesh. This place is said to be a box of numbers of attractions to impress each and every tourist whether the tourist is a nature lover or wild life lover or wild photography lover or a history buff. This place is one and the best solution to numbers of tourists of different interest. Though this National Park is having largest and higher tiger density but for tourists this national park has a plethora of tourist destinations in the nearby area. So, tourists apart from exploring the national park has great attraction and thirst of touring some important and amazing places in the diverse state of Madhya Pradesh. Tourists enjoy catching the sights of big cats and then relishing their time in Raneh Falls and Bamni Dadar. You will have experience of gala time in exploring the gems of Madhya Pradesh apart from exploring the Kanha National Park.
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS NEAR KANHA
- Kanha Museum: Kanha Museum is one of the most important attractions in Kanha National Park for the tourists. The museum is controlled by the authority of Forest Department and it is one of the best places to get some important information about the topography and other interesting aspects of the Kanha National Park. Evening sound show in the museum is one of the biggest attractions for the tourists. It will offer you some unforgettable moments for life time. It is at a distance of11 kms from the Kanha National Park.
- Mandla: It is at a distance of 35 kms from Kanha National Park. This place is well known for sacred temples and sky-high forts. This destination is one of major attraction for the tourist who are nature lovers. This place serves its tourists with dazzling views of RaptaGhat and RangrezGhat. Tourists will love to watch the fort encircled by river Sahastradhara, the catchment area of River Narmada and its tributaries.
- Amarkantak: It is located only at a distance of about 159 kms from the famous Kanha National Park. This place is also famous by the name of Teerthraj. This mystic land is overloaded with plants having numbers of medicinal properties and have rich natural heritage. This place is famous for DudhDhara waterfalls whose foaming water looks like milk and also as an emerging point of Narmada, Sone and Johila Rivers. Pataleshwar Mahadev Temple and Narmada Udgam Temple of Kalachuri’s era are among the top attractions in Amarkantak. So, tourist must visit this place.
- Kawardha Palace: It is located at a distance of about 91 kms from Kanha National Park. This palace is in Raipur in Chattisgarh where tourists enjoys the royal ambience. This palace is made up of stone and Italian marble and sprawled over an 11-acre of lush green territory. Here tourists enjoy the panoramic views of Maikal Hill Range, if your pocket allows then enjoy your stay in this royal residence which has been converted into a heritage hotel.
- Jabalpur: This city is located at a distance of 164 kms from Kanha National Park. It is the soul of Madhya Pradesh and famous as the city of colored marble rocks. Dhuandhar Water falls is one of the major attractions of Jabalpur. It is said “Smoke Cascade” in English as mist is formed when the water hits the rocks. It houses some historical forts and war memorials in the form of Rani Durgawati Museum and Madan Mahal Fort for tourists to have some life time experiences. All these attractions make Jabalpur a great place for nature lovers, devotees and history buffs.
- Bamni Dadar: it is famous as the beautiful sunset point. Tourists capture the bewildering sight of the beautiful sunset from Bamni Dadar.This beautiful place offers its tourists captivating views of the exquisite forest as this is the highest plateau located at a distance of about 275 kms from Kanha National Park. For British, this was the take off region as they use to fly their aircraft and enjoy the bird eye view of Kanha National Park. Other than mind-boggling sunset views in Bamni Dadar, here tourists can enjoy the presence of spotted deer, Indian bison and enthralling barking deer.
|Room Type||Per Night Tariff Indian National||Per Night Tariff Foreign National|
|Luxury Tent Signle||₹ 19500||₹ 27000|
|Luxury Tent Double||₹ 20500||₹ 32000|